Thursday, June 4, 2020

I Love You And There's Not A Damn Thing You Can Do About It

Just so you know, I love you. 
That's right, I love you.
 I love you, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. 
I love you like you are and how ever you'll be tomorrow. 
You don't have to do what i do for me to love you.
 You don't have to like what I like, feel what I feel, eat what I eat, dance like I dance, believe what I believe, create how I create, sign what I sign, protest what I protest, vote for what I vote for. Can you hear me? I love you. 
It's for free, and it's for fun, and it's for me. 
It's mine and you can't take it away. I love you, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. 
This doesn't mean I'll put up with your shit.
 In fact, I love you so much, I'll tell you when you're full of it. 
This doesn't mean I'll let you hurt me. 
 I wouldn't enable someone I love. 
This doesn't mean you have to love me. 
If you tell me to fuck off, and walk away today, and I never see you again, I'll still be loving you.
 I  may or may not let you back in my life, but I love you.
 I love you, because it's good for...me.
 I love you, and that is none of your business. It's mine. 
This way, I get to be in love all day long. 
Even when I'm pissed, I'm loving you. 
There is not a damn thing you can do about it.
 I love you, because it makes my life better. 
I don't love you, because Jesus or Mohammed said so. 
I just love you, because I do. 
This doesn't mean I'll like you every minute. Some of you are jerks.
I still love you even if I block you. 
I love you if I change my mind.
 It doesn't mean that I'm going to do the right thing. 
It doesn't mean that I'll always be nice. 
 It doesn't mean that I expect anything from you. 
It doesn't mean that you owe me anything, nor that I owe you. 
It means that regardless of what gain or loss it might mean to me, with all that I am I wish you every joy. 
 With or without me, I wish you love. 
I hope you laugh today, and I hope in a moment you find yourself overwhelmed at the beauty there is to be seen...in your very own heart.
 I hope you fall in love with a cloud, and that you find yourself giggling at a funny pet.
 I hope you share a big laugh at a dirty joke today.
 I hope you see your own heart in the eyes of someone who is different from you. 
I hope you know the safe, and humble place of falling to tears over how much you are loved by someone you never thought would express it.
I hope you find the courage to express it to someone else. 
I hope you play, dance and catch the biggest fish or the littlest, whichever makes you smile more. 
I wish you stillness to hear the crickets singing for fireflies and stars in your nights.
 I wish you clean water, plenty of food, good shelter and the smiles of friends.
 I wish you good health, and the simple pleasure of a good stretch. 
I wish you awkward, amazing, ridiculously fantastic sex.
I hope you'll see how special and important you are, that you are the very mind, heart and hands of the gods, and I hope you realize yourself to be one with everything at least once.
 I hope you tremble at your own smallness and breathe the vast love that's really you.
 I hope you see you like I do...I love you.

tinajonesart

p.s. This writing was surely influenced by Chuck Chamberlain in his book, "A New Pair Of Glasses," which I first read many years ago, and repeatedly since. It's one I've lent out and given away out of love. It's written simply and to the point. The author is uplifting and encouraging, and I'd recommend it to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment