Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tina Takes the Autism Quotient Test

   I recently listened to a fellow youtube poster's videos where he'd done the Autism Quotient Test.
   Here is a link to the written test.
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html



This test is to determine if a person feels they might like to have an evaluation done, or to self diagnose. There are many such tests.
  The fellow  youtube poster, Linus is a younger male, and he did a great job.

You can see his test video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Odp378JsE

  I thought it might be useful for me to do the same to offer a wider range of understanding, as I'm a 46 year old female. It was interesting to see that Linus and I had some similar answers, yet some were very different.
   I also hope this will give those who are considering taking this test an idea of what to expect, as well as offer a bridge of understanding and commonality between Autistics/ those with Asperger's and those who are not on the Spectrum. 
It might even be fun for those not on the spectrum to take the test themselves first, then listen to the answers given by Autistic people. I think this might prove beneficial toward more understanding, and they might even find they have a few quirks of their own. smiles. It's been enlightening, for instance to see what my Neurotypical daughter and I have in common, and find differences that make us more interesting to eachother. We've even found things to giggle about! Most importantly to me, this has promoted closer relationships between me, both of my children and close friends.

    Here are my two videos covering the test. (One was too long, so I split it into two segments.)
tina jones




Alert: Petition to Stop Abuse at Judge Rotenberg Center: http://www.change.org/petitions/judge-rotenberg-educational-center-please-stop-painful-electric-shocks-on-your-students

No comments:

Post a Comment