Wednesday, March 13, 2013

SHE'S ALL TALK!

I recently saw a note lamenting how people didn't, "Talk" anymore. Instead we have a world that communicates via social media, and it got me to reminiscing.

    Ah the good ole days! Restraining orders were an excellent social lubricant. I don't miss it, and with the advent of, "Block Buttons," we are saving a lot paper and trees. Social media just may be saving the rainforests. I'll have to look that up for sure. :p
    I'm sensing a disturbance in the Funk and Wagnall's. As our language grows and changes, "Talk" may have different social applications. I'd like to cover a few that I'm aware of. 
Feel free to add more, if you think of them.

"Talk:"

1: To exchange verbal information. (I'm sending some of that here. If you respond, we have "conversed." Nice, how that works! It's all friendly and stuff! :) Hearts! <3 <3 <3

2: To breathe into a phone at someone

3: To meet (with the possibility of annoying stare downs, creepy sniffing, odd smells, awkward surprise hugs/fending off attempts at hair touching/accostings etc.)

4: To meet with the possibility of doing something naked at some point, probably with consent. It's iffy.

5: To meet for the purpose of making future plans to visit our respective attorneys (Marriage Warning, if you didn't hear it! This is often called, "Talking over coffee/drinks." I'm going to have to hurt you with the truth. Your coffee or whatever you're drinking does not give a damn what you have to say. I'm sorry to have to do that, but I care too much to lie to you. Oh..more hearts: <3 <3 <3 There you go. :)

6: To try out our new mace dispensers

7: To engage in a public flash mob dance for two at the library.

8: To get a better idea of just how big those are/that is.

9: To meet for the purpose of showing someone your new BBQ pit and talk about how that lotion really does soften the skin.

10: To physically exchange Tamale recipes.

11: To meet and talk/manipulate, so I have a better chance of ripping you off.

12: To meet in order to talk, because (Listen for the whining.) "Typing is so hard for me, so it would do me a big favor if we could just put your life on the line instead. O.k.? That'd be great! Thanks!"

  I hope that clears things up and improves your chances at getting to, "Talk" with someone.

Best wishes! ;)
tina jones

No comments:

Post a Comment